You’ve waited your whole life for this, your senior year!! We have two main goals for your senior portraits; to have lots of fun and to get great photos!! Read on for some great information and tips to help you plan and prepare for your upcoming session.
All sessions take place outdoors. Don’t worry if you don’t know where to go, we can suggest some great locations. We love the urban look. Some of our most favorite places are run-down abandoned buildings, grungy alleys, and open fields. At a typical senior session we will go to at least 2 different locations and your session will last 2-3 hours.
Bring a variety of clothing that reflects your personality and style. Variety is key!! You may want to bring jeans and a cute top, a fun flirty sundress, and your prom gown!! You can have unlimited clothing changes so don’t be afraid to bring along a suitcase of of clothes!!! The more clothes you bring the more options we have to choose from. Below are some great examples.
- Bring both causal and formal outfits.
- Some poses will show your shoes. Don’t forget to bring shoes and sicks that will go with each outfit that you plan to wear. White socks do not photograph well so please bring dark socks. Flip-flops or going barefoot are super cute for some casual shots.
- Bring a few long sleeve shirts as well as short sleeved.
- Coordinate your outfit from head to toe!
- Small details matter. Make sure that your nails are neatly trimmed and polished. A clear or pale colored coat looks great.
- Don’t forget accessories; jewelry, hates, scarves, jackets, and shoes!!
- As tempting as it might be, I do not recommend trying out a new hairstyle or color right before your session in the event that you are not happy with the outcome.
- Bring along hair accessories for an easy style change.
- Slightly heavier make-up photographs well; however, be sure not to overdo it. Pay extra attention to the eye make-up, avoiding clumps in the mascara. Don’t forget to bring along your make-up bag for quick touch-ups.
- Be aware of the right undergarments!! Wearing a white pants and flowered underwear or bra is not a good thing!!
- Bring a formal dress is a great way to add some fun and flair to your session.
- Please do not wear a hat at least one hour prior to your session. Hats can leave a red line along your forehead as well as ruin your hair. If you would like you can certainly wear your favorite hat for a few images.
- Clothing choices are just as important for the guys. Bring a variety of clothing from your favorite t-shirt to a more dressier shirt or sweater. Don’t be afraid of bold colors. Jackets, ties, hats, belts, and other accessories.
- Adding items that showcase your hobbies is encouraged.
- If you are into sports bring along your gear or equipment.
- Don’t be afraid to bring along any items/props that show your personality and the types of activities you enjoy.
- You are welcome to bring along your parents or a friend to help make your more comfortable.
- Be sure to take a look at our website prior to your session. Some find it useful to make a list of ideas or poses that you would love to try.
- Be prepared to have fun!!!
Heather & James